Friday, September 24, 2010

Meatless Month: Day 10

Mr. Hungry and I go to our friends' house every other Thursday night for Game Night, during which we play any of a number of different board games.  We take turns cooking dinner, or sometimes we get takeout.  This past Game Night it was my friend N's turn to cook.  I always look forward to the nights she cooks as I know she'll make something delicious.

Knowing about our Meatless Month, she cooked kitchri, an Iraqi lentil and rice dish made using red lentils, cumin, onions, tomato paste, and garlic.  It's all cooked together, then topped with sour cream and a salad of onions, bell pepper, cucumber, and tomato.  It was delicious and tasted strangely like tacos.  I guess maybe it was the cumin.  It was very filling and very tasty, and despite Game Night being cut short thanks to Benadryl, it was a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment